Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chunky Monkey 10k

I just ran my first ever 10k. It was only the 3rd time in my life I have run 6.2 miles, the first was 2 months ago, after which I bruised/fractured my heel bone and was in a foot boot for a couple weeks. The 2nd time was 10 days ago to practice and make sure I wouldn't die, which I'll be honest I did a bit, and then the race!! It was fun, I did it with a few friends and Keston did the Kids 1k with a couple of his too!

And we're off. Race started at 7pm, but it was still hot!
While we ran Chad and the boys played on the playground.

Keston and his friend Mikah.
Hi Dax!
MMmmmm, wood chips!
Cute boys.
I'm done...Yay and just under my goal time of 62 minutes!
So fun, but glad it's done. Thanks for the water Kes!
Ya, we're chunky monkies!
Hannah, Keston and Mikah getting ready for their race.
Calon decided to join them for the last leg of the race!
Crossing the finish line!
Go Calon!

Kristy and me getting some Mario's pizza and Ben & Jerry's ice cream they had for everyone after the race.
Celeste and me after getting the kids their chunky monkey medals!
Good times, can't wait for the next event!

No comments:

Family Photos

A while ago I won a free photo session from a raffle. We finally had the opportunity to take advantage of it and got some pretty neat shots....